CLOUD BASED OBJECT STORAGE
Amazon, Microsoft and Google all chose this to build their cloud on the same technology. What is it you ask? It’s object storage. With so many storage options out there, it’s hard to know where to begin.
Caringo Swarm offers private cloud, S3 enabled storage that lives on premise or in your data center. Swarm also has replication capabilities to tie to 3rd party cloud or to other Swarms in other data centers. Check out this episode to find out how you can incorporate object storage into your workflow.
Before your current storage fills up, ask yourself these questions to help determine your organization’s data storage needs:
- How much video content do we produce in a week, month, or year?
- This lets you know how fast you are going to fill up your storage
- How often do you reuse or go back to that media?
- Do you need to share your media?
- Do you need to have remote access to media from anywhere?
Once you have the answers to these questions, you may realize that you’re going to need more storage, and soon. Don’t contact your IT department right away though. Check into the different storage options before you buy.
- Fast Storage
- Do you have a bunch of video editors who need high speed? If not, why spend the money to store old content on fast storage?
- LTO (Linear Tape-Open)
- Great for a safe and secure backup, but not ideal for sharing since you’d have to ship the tape to anyone who needs it.
- Cloud Storage
- Perfect for file sharing and, of course, someone else is taking care of all the technical stuff you don’t want to deal with, but it can be very expensive with added fees for usage, etc.
- Object Storage
- Object Storage offers the same experience as the Cloud. Your data is protected and accessible from anywhere – all with the speed of spinning discs for immediate retrievals. However, with Object Storage your cost is managed, so you can budget your payments and not be subject to monthly data charges.
WHAT THE “BIG GUYS” USE
Object storage is what the “Big Guys” use. Caringo Swarm offers access, cost management, and redundancy. Caringo is object storage — private cloud, S3-enabled storage that lives on-premise or in your data center. Swarm has replication – It can tie to 3rd party clouds, or other swarms in other data centers.
Growing Storage Needs?
Caringo Swarm is built to last and grow with your organization – 1 TB (terabyte) at a time – all while offering accessibility to your media – whether on-premise, in the data center, or from the web.
Swarm provides a platform for data protection, management, organization and search at massive scale. You no longer need to migrate data into disparate solutions for long-term preservation, delivery and analysis. Consolidate all files on Swarm, find the data you are looking for quickly, and reduce total cost of ownership by continuously evolving hardware and optimizing use of your resources.
Caringo works to ensure that their technological differences and innovations solve the most pressing issues associated with aggressively scaling storage environments–from several terabytes to multiple petabytes.
PRODUCT BRIEF ‣ Caringo Swarm9
LEARN MORE ‣ Caringo Swarm Overview
—— MORE on the JB&A TODAY YouTube Channel ——
‣ Techsplanation, Ep 1 | Lego My Storage on YouTube
‣ Techsplanation, Ep 3 | Head in the Clouds on YouTube
‣ JB&A Today Live @ Pre-NAB with Caringo on YouTube