Dublin: 21st December 2020: – Exertis, a leading route-to-market and supply chain partner for global technology brands across consumer, business and enterprise, announced today its acquisition of JB&A Inc. JB&A Inc is a leading distributor of broadcast, post-production and pro AV technologies, to system integrators and B2B resellers in North America. Located in San Rafael, California, the company saw revenues of $80 million in the last financial year.
JB&A holds a leading position with specialist vendors in the fast-growing broadcast and post-production segments, including CatDV, Gefen, Haverford, Quantum, NewTek, and SNS. It also has the exclusive distribution rights for Unilumin in the United States, a leading direct view LED vendor.
The acquisition of JB&A continues Exertis’ strategy of building a strong and diverse pro AV, pro audio and musical instrument (MI) value-added distribution business in North America, following the acquisitions of Stampede (2018), Jam (2018) and The Music People (2020).
JB&A is led by Jeff Burgess, chief executive officer, and Greg Burgess, president, who will remain with the business and continue to drive JB&A’s growth strategy.
Tim Griffin, DCC Technology, managing director said, “JB&A is a strategic acquisition enabling us to expand our Pro AV business in North America in to the attractive and high value-added niches of broadcast and post-production. JB&A is a great fit with our existing Exertis pro AV business and we will leverage this to benefit our vendors and customers. JB&A is well respected for its value-added distribution and technical capabilities and I’m looking forward to continuing this journey.”
“This acquisition provides a great opportunity for both companies by providing new opportunities for our vendors, customers and employees,” said Jeff Burgess, JB&A, chief executive officer. “We’re excited to become part of the DCC family as it expands its presence throughout the world,” added Greg Burgess, JB&A, president.
1Exertis is the principal trading name of DCC Technology.
About Exertis Group
Exertis is the leading technology distributor of consumer, business and enterprise products from pioneering technology brands, playing an integral role in supplying the world with cutting-edge tech. For forty years Exertis has distributed the technology that transforms societies and facilitates the world’s transition to digital. These days Exertis distributes everything from AV solutions to AI-powered smart-tech.
Exertis is powered by the mantra ‘our people, our customers, our business’ and its reach is global. A wholly owned subsidiary of parent company DCC PLC, a FTSE 100 company, it has offices in Europe, North America, Middle East and China, representing 2,400 brands. In 2020 it had a turnover of £3.913 billion. As technology evolves, so does Exertis. www.exertis.com
About DCC plc
DCC is a leading international sales, marketing and support services group with a clear focus on performance and growth. It operates through four divisions: LPG, Retail & Oil, Healthcare and Technology.
- DCC is an ambitious and entrepreneurial business operating in 20 countries, supplying products and services used by millions of people every day throughout Europe and beyond. Building strong routes to market, driving for results, focusing on cash conversion and generating superior sustainable returns on capital employed enable the Group to reinvest in its business, creating value for its stakeholders. DCC’s four divisions are:
- DCC LPG – a leading LPG sales and marketing business with operations in Europe, the USA, and Asia and a developing business in the retailing of natural gas and electricity;
- DCC Retail & Oil – a leader in the sales, marketing and retailing of transport and commercial fuels, heating oils and related products and services in Europe;
- DCC Technology – a leading sales, marketing and value-added services partner for global technology brands; and
- DCC Healthcare – a leading healthcare business, providing products and services to healthcare providers and health and beauty brand owners.
DCC plc is listed on the London Stock Exchange with a market capitalization of GBP £5.4 billion and is a constituent of the FTSE 100. In its financial year ended 31 March 2020, DCC generated revenue of GBP £14.8 billion and operating profit of GBP £494.3 million. DCC has an excellent record, delivering compound annual growth of 14.5% in operating profit and generating an average return on capital employed of approximately 19% over 26 years as a public company.
Further information on DCC plc and DCC Technology including financial reports, management structure and business operations can be found on the DCC corporate website (www.dcc.ie).
Dominic Dawes, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44 (0) 7769 904 782
Anna Thorn, email@example.com, 01256 707070